ADDRESS & TIMES
Alaska SeaLife Center
301 Railway Avenue
Seward, AK 99664
THURS, JUNE 27
FRI, JUNE 28
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDS - All athletes will be required to show a government issued photo ID to pickup your packet (driver’s license or Passport preferred). Onsite proof of an annual or 1-day USA Triathlon license is not necessary as our registration system auto verifies at time of registration.
YOU MUST PICKUP YOUR PACKET - All athletes must pick up their own packet in person during packet pickup hours. There is no event day packet pickup. No exceptions.
ATHLETE AGE DETERMINATION - The athlete's age is determined by how old they are at the end of that event year (12/31/XX).
WHO IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND PACKET PICKUP AND THE PRE RACE BRIEFING - All athletes and their support team captains are required to checkin to packet pickup TOGETHER and to be at the pre-race briefing TOGETHER, no exceptions. We would prefer that if an athlete has more than one support team member that all team members come to packet pickup together and sign the paperwork. The athlete, and ALL support team members MUST sign the support waiver. However, do realize that in some situations the entire team may not be able to make it. It's mandatory the athlete and captain checkin together but if the rest of the team (if more than just those two) cannot make it, the athlete should send the support team waiver to the other member(s), have them fill it out and sign it, and the athlete or support team captain may turn those absentee waiver forms on their behalf during packet pickup.
MOUNTAIN RUN PACK INSPECTION - All athletes are required to show at least one run pack for inspection at packet pickup complete with all mandatory items for the last 10 miles of the run. Ideally we would like to see the packs of both the athlete and their support runner (both have to have their own pack) but we realize that some of you have a different support captain than support runner and if you're support runner and captain aren't the same and your runner isn't at packet pickup it makes it hard to see their pack. Bring both packs if you can but it's mandatory for us to at least see the mountain run pack of the athlete.
All ATHLETES must fill out and sign a physical copy of this waiver before they will be allowed to pickup their packet and participate in the event. We will have printed copies available at packet pickup but in the interest of time we recommend you print a copy via the link above, fill it out and sign it ahead of time, and bring it with you to turn in.
All SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS must fill out and sign a physical copy of this waiver before they will be allowed to pickup their packet materials with the athlete and participate in the event. If you have more than one support team member please remember that your captain must be with you at packet pickup. Any other members must sign this but do not have to be present. They can fill it out and sign it ahead of time and either the athlete or support team captain can turn it in for them at packet pickup. We will have printed copies available at packet pickup but in the interest of time we recommend you print a copy via the link above, fill it out and sign it ahead of time, and bring it with you to turn in.
All ATHLETES, ALL SUPPORT TEAM MEMBERS, AND ALL VOLUNTEERS that set foot on Alyeska property (AKA the mountain area) must fill out and sign a physical copy of this waiver before they will be allowed to pickup their packet and/or participate in the event. We will have printed copies available at packet pickup but in the interest of time we recommend you print a copy via the link above, fill it out and sign it ahead of time, and bring it with you to turn in.
All volunteers will be required to fill out and sign this waiver when they check in to volunteer.
None of these items will be mailed or given out before or after the packet pickup days/times. You must pick up your own packet and you must be present to claim your packet. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Unclaimed packets will either be discarded or reused next year (if possible). Each athlete's support captain must be present with the athlete at time of packet pickup (checkin). If an athlete has more than one person on their support team the remaining members may also be present but if they are not able they may sign a waiver and send it with the athlete to turn in on their behalf. Click images to download and enlarge.
(1) Athlete - Silicone Swim Cap - logo printed on each side. Bright orange color for visibility. Neoprene caps are required for warmth but the bright event silicone cap must be worn over it (outside) at all times.
Tattoos - We used to do temporary markiung tattoos but in 2019 we eliminated this because they are almost always covered up by longer clothing. This along with swim cap sticker numbers, bike and helmet stickers, and run and bike bibs plus the wristband, made the tattoos uncesseary.
(3) Athlete - Swim Cap Numbers - One sticker for each side of your swim cap and one for the front.
(3) Athlete - Bike Helmet Numbers - Helmet stickers are to be worn on the front and both sides of the helmet.
(2) Athlete - Bike Frame Stickers - Bike frame stickers go on either your seat post/tube, top tube, down tube, or head tube. Pretty much anywhere EXCEPT the fork chain or seat stays. Once you identify where is most visible of the choices above (preferred choices listed in the order we would like) please match the sticker placement on both sides of the bike.
(2) Athlete - Bike/Run Bib Numbers - All athletes must wear their bib number reversed on the bike and front facing on the run. Starting in 2019 we have specific bike bibs and run bibs because on the back of each we have printed a full course map. Please wear the appropriate one.
(1) Athlete - Orange Wristband - It will be how we verify athletes in transition and along the way on event day. Please also wear this to Sunday brunch if you’re attending in order to claim your finisher’s item.
(1) Support Team - Blue Shirt - We give the support team captain a blue t-shirt at packet pickup. If your team has more than one support team member we recommend ordering the shirt size of the largest member so that when/if the shirt is exchanged throughout the day, it fits everyone on your team. Only one shirt is given per team. We will sell any additional shirts we have at the brunch the next day. The 1 support shirt is to be worn by whomever is helping the athlete out of the water, through T1, and through T2. This can be the same person the entire time or the shirt can be switched and it can be different support team members as long as the person doing it has the shirt on.
(1) Support Team - White Wristband - We also give the support team captain a green wristband. The 1 wristband is to be worn by whomever is running the last 10 mandatory miles (or more) with the athlete. At packet pickup we will simply give this wristband to the athlete/support captain that way if the captain isn't the support runner and the support runner isn't there, the captain can pass it off to the support runner. If more than one support runner is running with the athlete, for example one runner is running the first 17.5 (non mandatory) and one runner is running the last 10 (mandatory) we suggest that the wristband is secured with a safety pin instead (available at packet pickup) of the built in snap so it can be exchanged between runners at mountain checkin.
(2) Support Team - Car Stickers - Each athlete will receive two stickers. One will be small with the athlete number (identical to the swim cap and bike stickers) and the other will be large and warn other drivers about the event as they pass the support vehicles. Both are to go on the bottom left corner of the back windshield of the support vehicle stacked one on top of the other with the bigger sticker on the bottom and number sticker above it.