ADDRESS & TIMES
HAPUNA BEACH RESORT
62-100 Kaunaʻoa Dr.
Waimea, HI 96743
THURS, DEC 5
FRI, DEC 6
RULES & REQUIREMENTS
GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO IDS - All athletes will be required to show a government issued photo ID to pickup your packet (driver’s license or Passport preferred). Onsite proof of an annual or 1-day USA Triathlon license is not necessary as our registration system auto verifies at time of registration.
YOU MUST PICKUP YOUR PACKET - All athletes must pick up their own packet in person during packet pickup hours. There is no event day packet pickup. No exceptions.
ATHLETE AGE DETERMINATION - The athlete's age is determined by how old they are at the end of that event year (12/31/XX).
WHO IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND PACKET PICKUP AND THE PRE RACE BRIEFING - All athletes are required to attend packet pickup and the mandatory briefing. Since support is highly recommended but not required support is only required to attend packet pickup and the briefing if you have them.
USAT ATHLETE, SUPPORT, & VOLUNTEER WAIVER(S) - Below you will find detailed descriptions of each required waiver. Below that the buttons to download, print, complete/sign them, if you wish to do so going into packet pickup. Know that if you wish to complete/sign the waivers at packet pickup we will have blank copies of each on a table just inside the conference room before you get your packet. Either way works.
The ATHLETE WAIVER must be completed/signed on printed paper and handed in at packet pickup by the athlete. You can download, print, and complete the waiver ahead of time or you can do it onsite at packet pickup (we will have blank printouts). Athletes MUST also complete/sign and turn in the Alyeska Waiver to be permitted to race.
The SUPPORT & VOLUNTEER WAIVER must be filled out by ALL support team members wishing to be support to their athlete (if you have anyone doing support for you). Technically we are considering support team members as "volunteers." If you plan on having a support team each member must fill one of these out, sign it, and turn it in in person. THIS WAIVER IS ALSO REQUIRED TO BE FILLED OUT AND SIGNED BY ALL REGULAR EVENT VOLUNTEERS.
FILL OUT "RED DOT" AREAS, SIGN "X" AREAS.
The video below is from Alaskaman NOT Alohaman, however, it gives a general idea of what to do with the items you will receive at packet pickup.
None of these items will be mailed or given out before or after the packet pickup days/times. You must pick up your own packet and you must be present to claim your packet. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Unclaimed packets will either be discarded or reused next year (if possible). If you have a support team, each support team member must be present at packet pickup as well. If an athlete has an additional runner (different) that is running with them (not mandatory) then that support runner must checkin at packet pickup as well.
The graphics below are examples from the Alaskaman XTRI but show how the body and support markings should be placed. Click images to download and enlarge.
(1) Athlete - Latex Swim Cap - logo and number printed on each side. Bright color for visibility.
(1) Athlete - Temporary Set of Body Marking Tattoos - Upper arms or forearms on skin. Allow at least a few minutes to dry.
(3) Athlete - Bike Helmet Numbers - Helmet stickers are to be worn on the front and both sides of the helmet.
(2) Athlete - Bike Frame Stickers - Bike frame stickers go on either your seat post/tube, top tube, down tube, or head tube. Pretty much anywhere EXCEPT the fork chain or seat stays. Once you identify where is most visible of the choices above (preferred choices listed in the order we would like) please match the sticker placement on both sides of the bike.
(4) Athlete - Extra Stickers - Sticker sheets have 10 per sheet. We use 6 so you have 4 extra for whatever you want to use them for.
(2) Athlete - Bike/Run Bib Numbers - All athletes must wear their bib number reversed on the ride and to the front on the run. You can use the same one for both or use one for the ride and the other (identical one) for the run if the bike one gets messed up or you just want to use a new one for the run. We don't care if you use just one, or both throughout the race as long as your number is visible at all times.
(1) Athlete - Wristband - It will be how we verify athletes in transition and along the way on event day. Please also wear this to Sunday lunch if you’re attending in order to claim your finisher’s items. Those wishing to eat the provided lunch must purchase tickets. The wristband does not constitute an event day dinner or day after lunch meal, both must be separately purchased.
(1) Support Team - Shirt - If you choose to have a support team we will give the support team captain a t-shirt at packet pickup. If your team has more than one support team member we recommend ordering the shirt size of the largest member so that when/if the shirt is exchanged throughout the day, it fits everyone on your team. Only one shirt is given per team. We will sell any additional shirts we have at the brunch the next day. The 1 support shirt is to be worn by whomever is helping the athlete out of the water, through T1, and through T2. This can be the same person the entire time or the shirt can be switched and it can be different support team members as long as the person doing it has the shirt on.
(1) Support Team - Wristband - If you choose to have a support team we also give the support team captain a wristband. The 1 wristband is to be worn by whomever is running with the athlete. If no one is running with the athlete and the only support team member is just supporting on the bike that person should wear the wristband.
(2) Support Team - Car Stickers - If you have a support team vehicle we will give each athlete/support captain 2 stickers in their packet. One will be included on the 10 sticker sheet (small 2"x4") and simply have the athlete's number. This small sticker goes on the front windshield, bottom right. The other sticker will be a half page sticker (large 8.5"x11") and will go on the back windshield, bottom left corner. Neither sticker should hinder the visibility of the driver but they should be visible to riders, other cars, and race officials at all times. Any cars without the stickers seen helping cyclists may result in a penalty or disqualification.